Share your OER
SUNY Community textbooks is a venue for SUNY faculty to share their openly licensed educational material. The work highlighted in this series have a variety of publishers, but are all:
- authored by a SUNY faculty member
- full courses or texts to be used in a college-level course
- original work, or a significant remix or adaptation of another open work.
- licensed with a Creative Commons license, with no ND designation
Are you a SUNY faculty member interested in sharing your work? Here is what we can do for you!
What Milne Open Textbooks can provide:
- guidance on how to openly license your work for greatest impact
- consultation on file formats for sharing your work
- Share it on the Milne Open Textbooks website [see conditions below]
What we ask of authors:
- You are a SUNY faculty member
- The work is a full course or textbook to be used in a college-level course
- The work is your original work, and does not contain copyrighted/all rights reserved media
- Your work be licensed with a Creative Commons license, with no ND designation
You provide source files (.docx, .xml, LaTeX)
You provide basic information about the creation of the book such as:
- The level of editing done on the book
- Any subject matter review/peer review the book has undergone
- A brief description of how you used the material in your course
- Any known errors or out of date information (in other words, if you had all the time in the world, how would you improve your book?
SUNY Community Texts
Submission form for authors submitting their open textbooks